I have started to create some units for my post-1759 Prussians, starting with the 5th Garrison Regiment. I have found painting these is very quick as their uniforms are so simple. Further, I found their flags on the notbyappointment blog and was able to reduce printing by 50% thus producing some beautiful 10mm scale flags. My next effort will be the Le Noble Freikorps troops, another garrison regiment, and then the garrison combined grenadiers. Part of the Le Noble contingent was their own jager unit, to be made from Prussian fusiliers. This will provide me with five less impressive Prussian infantry units. Photos to follow as my camera currently playing up.
Feeling a bit miffed as I have now completed Le Noble Freikorps with some attached jagers, a rescued and revamped unit of 8th Prussian Dragoons and a Total Battle Miniatures church with copper oxidised dome and my camera has broken whilst at the same time my phone is refusing to transfer photos to my computer. Meanwhile I'm pressing on with Prussian jagers, Austrian Grenze and some defensive works for the Spittelwitz scenario. This is due to be played on Friday, but it is unlikely my new camera will have been delivered by then. At least I'll be moving from 12 to 20 pixels.
Too true Keith; however since my regular opponent has found his French army (lurking in a Really Useful Box, but beneath an insert tray holding an army from a completely different period) his enthusiasm has been reawakened. After a discussion this afternoon it appears that between us we are only one Austrian grenadier unit short for doing Lobositz. So, before too long, some decent photos and battle reports should be flowing again.