That is a more or less fictional scenario based on the French and Spanish atempts to pass through the Stura-valley during their Italian campaigns.
PIEDMONT CinC CARRAIL (Dep.) – Headquarters at Pontebernado
The units are invisible for the French until the French enter the sector, where they are placed (Just mark the positions with a permanent marker on a copy of the map – please be gentlemanlike!) or until the Piedmont commander move them.
1) First Line: Chevalier de Cinzano (Dep.) Placed in Sector 1 and/or 2 2 x militia (small, inferior) - can be covered in woods or villages, visible for French at 12 cm or after shooting. 1 x infantry 1 x light artillery
2) Second Line: GM Donnaz (Dep.) Placed in Sector 2 and/or 3 2 x infantry 1 x grenadiers (small, superior) 1 x light artillery
FRENCH CinC prince de Conti (Dash.)
1) Independent 1 x Cavalerie
2) Marquis de la Carte (Dep.) 4 x infanterie 1 x medium artillery
3) Comte de Danois (Dep.) 3 x infanterie
1 x Grenadiers (Superior, except Shooting) 1 x light artillery
BP : 5
Limit: 12 turns.
Servagno and Pontebernado light cover Redoubt heavy cover Hills steep, rocks impassable The bridges could be burned by the Piedmont troops (mark it on the map and say it, if the French want to cross one) – if it is so, the French need to stay one turn to rebuilt them with wooden constructions.
Note that the French can use the marching bonus as long as no enemy troops are visible on their way!
French: leave the sector 3 with 5 Units in good shape.